Clinique recently launched some new liners, Quickliner for Eyes Intense. These liners claim to be Clinique's darkest, most dramatic liners yet. They claim these never need sharpening and are equivalent to liquid liners. Addicted to all things charcoal (and peach) as I am, I picked up the Intense Charcoal. The wear is pretty great and they are possibly the smoothest liners I've tried in a while.
They are also so soft that more product needs to be twisted up after applying to one eye. So don't expect this pencil to last forever, but it is buttery soft , stays and glides on. Check it out in any of the six colors for $15.
Love Nails, Inc.'s Magnetic Polish, but hate the price tag or limited colors? I just spied these Magnetix Polishes at my local Rite Aid. I haven't tried them yet, but I bet the magnetic apple doesn't fall far from the polish tree. If you have checked them out, let me know how they worked! I liked the Nail's Inc. ones, but did find them to be a little hit or miss (or it could be a pilot error.) Let me know if you try them!
Finally, as a public service announcement, I would like to tell you why you should never, ever, ever, under any circumstances, let people put lash extensions on you for $20. I thought this seemed obvious (kind of like how you are SUPPOSED to take care of your kids). Here is the way lash extensions work. Trained professionals take lash extensions very seriously. In fact, reputable companies won't sell their extension products to people who haven't completed their training. The training may include any or all of the following (this is from Xtreme Lashes):
- Submit proof of health/beauty license or credentials.
- Take a 2 day hands-on eyelash extensions training training program (9 hours in each day).
- Successfully complete the Level 1 Training Program.
- Spend 1 month practicing and successfully complete 12 Xtreme Lashes® Eyelash Extensions applications on models.
- Successfully complete a Certification Training Program by demonstrating:
- Proper use of eyelash extension adhesive
- Proper eyelash extensions attachment.
- Proper eyelash extensions styling and design.
- At least 45 eyelash extensions per eye during the 2 hour application time.
Lash extensions are expensive because of the time it takes to complete the process, which is usually around two hours. The materials are very expensive. You get what you pay for and if you are paying $20, you are gambling with your eyesight. I'm not saying that any place that does this kind of work is bad, but you get what you pay for. And since you just can't get new eyes, please be careful.
I bought the Quickliner. I didn't buy anything else, nor was anything given to me for promotional purposes.
Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement.